A few Photos from the Washington City Candidate forum. More to be added later.
There will be a Washington City Candidate Forum on August 5, 2013
Let me offer a few details about the forum.
Time: 6:00pm Monday August 5, 2013, until everyone leaves (about 1.5-2 hours).
Location: Staheli Family Farm
Venue: Outdoor covered pavilion
- Each candidate will have a 6 foot table under the pavilion on which to display their candidacy. Decorate as you “tastefully” desire.
- Each Candidate may place one yard sign near the entrance to the forum, in addition to your table space.
- Setup by candidates may begin at 5:30pm.
- Candidates are welcome to distribute candy type refreshments from their tables.
- Light refreshments will be provide at a “snack table”. Also Ice Cream cones will be served.
- 6:00-6:30pm; mingle time for the public and candidates
- 6:30pm; Center stage with the candidates for all offices.
i. Each Candidate, selected at random, will be given 2 minutes to introduce themselves.
ii. I will present each Mayoral Candidate with a single question (90 second response, give or take)
iii. I will present each City Council Candidate with a single question (90 second response, give or take)
iv. I will then present all candidates with question (90 second response, give or take)
v. Three questions will be taken from the audience, and each candidate will be given limited time to respond (the audience will be encouraged to ask questions applicable to all candidates rather than to specific candidates).
- 7:15pm, or there about; candidates will return to their tables to mingle and respond to public.
- Patriotic music in the background, played softly
- Children play area. CHILDREN ARE WELCOME! This is a family evening event.
Washington City Youth Council touring Historic Covington Mansion. Photos here.
Pictures from the Heritage Days celebration banquet on July 23, 2013.